Story


Today at church a woman was telling her powerful story about her faith journey. No matter what someone’s story is, it always makes me reflect on mine. Where are the similarities? What can I glean from the story? If I were to tell my story today, what would I say?


I haven’t been writing for a while. Mostly it seems that I don’t have a lot to say that I haven’t already said. I also realized that I needed to start going to God first before I told my story on this blog. The thing is, sometimes it is hard to interpret what I am hearing from God.


Today I wondered what story I would tell if I were to tell it. My story is full of trial and overcoming trial. A lot of things have happened to me that others find dramatic. Yet so much of that seems like history to me. I am wondering what story I am living today.


Over the past several months I have been very much focused on my health. I got to the point where I couldn’t very even function very well. I have seen a vast improvement. I am still focused on my health. I am wondering today if that is enough of a story. I am struggling with what else I should become involved in. I know that when I have too much on my plate I am vulnerable to so much. Yet I sense that God is calling me to something else.


Is it just to be honest about my health story? Or is there something more?

Comments

mom_of_4 said…
I think the story of how you are turning your health around (with the grace of God) is huge! Not only that but the testimony is so much bigger than how it is manifesting in how you are caring for your body. I think there's more story there than you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

New Years Resolutions