Buried Treasure

Yesterday I received the kind of letter in the mail that everyone dreams about. Apparently some long-lost distant relative of mine died in the 2004 Tsunami along with his entire family. That’s very sad but I didn’t know him and it was really overshadowed by the next part of the story. My relative left $ 7.8 Million dollars in a box -- which seems very plausible because my relative was an expatriate engineer for a mining company and all engineers have $7.8 Million available to them to put in a box. All I have to do is contact this lawyer at his Yahoo account (because every legitimate lawyer only uses a Yahoo account) and he will generously give me half if I bring myself forward as a relative.

Of course I am being sarcastic and I know that this is a scam. I am so sick of stuff like this. A couple of months ago I had two different males approach me on MySpace to tell me I was ‘captivating’ and not to hurt them. One of them was still married but his wife died in a plane crash. Another one was in Nigeria right now for his uncle’s burial and was from ‘Canada.’

Things like this rob us of our dreams. I know that I am afraid to dream anymore. I am afraid to believe that good things like this can happen. There are no fairy tales anymore. I look at everything through a cynical lens. I wonder if I would see a legitimate miracle if I ever came across one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude