The Truth

About 18 months ago I started a bible study with a couple of co-workers. The bible study was called Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby. One of the concepts Blackaby talked about was that the truth is a Person. We talked about that in our study. It really didn’t make a lot of sense. Part of me knew I understood it on some deep level and I just couldn’t explain it. I think I also had a sense that it was something very important.

As I have told the story of my appendectomy through this blog one thing has become very evident to me. When I just simply wrote what happened and how I felt God was very easy to see. God was in every moment of it, guiding me, caring for me, protecting me, sending people to care for me, prompting people to pray, reassuring me that I would be okay, helping me turn to Him.

The truth is not some static concept. The truth is a Person. It is the Truth that sustains me.

Comments

mom_of_4 said…
Right on!
mom_of_4 said…
Ah, Henry Blackaby...how you've undone my carefully-packaged life...
Unknown said…
Wow! That makes sense.
Thank you for sharing that.

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude