Changes


If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. (Psalm 139:9-10)

It’s been a long time since I have posted. Life has been quite the whirlwind. The way I left my blog may give some the impression that things got much worse so I just stopped writing. In fact the opposite is true. Things have become much better.

Just over three weeks ago I decided to move. I did a lot of work around the house to prepare it to sell. On Monday I sold the house. Now I have to find a new place to live. The possession date for the house I am currently in is a little over a month away. Yet I have a sense of peace about it all.

I have been able to sense God’s presence through this whole process. It has been stressful and exhausting at times but it has also been really rewarding. I could even see God’s hand in the couple who purchased my house. They were looking for a house just like mine (there are very few houses like mine in the city.) They are thrilled and so am I.

Yesterday I had an awesome meeting at work. On the way home I started thinking about all of the changes and possibilities. I had the thought that maybe this is my year. Maybe this is the year I am going to look back on and say that this was a ‘summer’ season in my life. All of a sudden I got really scared. What if I was wrong? I have been hopeful and optimistic before…

As I calmed down I started to think about what exactly would make a year ‘my year’ anyway. Am I waiting for a year absent of trial? God doesn’t promise that. What He does promise is that He will find us where ever we go.

This past year has been one of the most challenging of my life (I think of life in terms of school years.) Yet this year has been the most abundant year of my life. I have seen meaning in the darkest of times. I have connected with people in new ways. I am starting to learn the art of inter-dependence. I am seeing in myself a greater capacity to love.

So as I embark in this new exciting time I learn to trust Him more and more.

Comments

mom_of_4 said…
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,
Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”

Isaiah 61:1-3

As soon as I read your post, I thought of the phrase "proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord." I believe this is your year, my friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude