Support

 support In the past few days I have found myself reaching out a little more.  I have been honest about where I am at.  I am not sure what I expected but I am grateful that I didn’t get it.  What I got from my friends was an overwhelming sense of grace.

I remember when I first started exercising and caring about my health I was hesitant to share with anyone.  I knew there would times like t his when I struggled to stay on track.  I didn’t want to disappoint anyone.  Yet as I started to post on Facebook what I was doing I had a bunch of cheerleaders instantly.  I loved the support I got.  So I guess when I was honest about what was happening I expected the same type of support.  I expected people to cheer me on.

That wasn’t what I needed.  I need people to stand with me and that is what they have done.  They have modeled God’s love to me.  I am overwhelmingly grateful for it.  I decided that what I really need is to get back to the basics of remembering how much God cares for me and how He sees me.  I am slowly becoming more active and eating better but that is coming out of an overflow.  I refuse to kick my ass because that isn’t what I need.  I need to remember.  The rest will come.

Comments

mom_of_4 said…
Yeah, I think the only ass that Jesus kicked were the ones who thought they could do it on their own :o)

I love this post, Misty! It blesses me so much to hear about the working of God's grace in people's lives. It reminds me to seek the same thing for myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude