Trying New Things

trxThe week I joined a yoga studio for a two week unlimited trial.  What attracted me to it was mainly TRX.  For those who are not familiar with TRX suspension training, it was developed for Navy Seals in the field.  Basically there are two bands that can be anchored to anything sturdy.  You use your own body weight while you hold onto the handles to do squats and lunges etc. 

I was really glad to have a friend along with me the first time I went.  It was a very challenging workout for me.  I spent most of the week feeling sore but I went a total of three times last week.  I also went to yoga twice.  The first one was called PhysioLogic Lower Back Pain.  It combines physiotherapy and yoga techniques to help address lower back issues.  I really enjoyed it.  The second was Introduction to Yoga on The Wall.  It was crazy.  You end up with a band around your hips, your feet on the wall suspended in the air.  That said, I think I might do it again.

yogaonthewall

Why am I trying new things?  For the past two months I have not been working out.  I have been working long hours and when I came home I was just too tired to work out.  I tried to get back to my original schedule where I would be home just after four and I could work out, eat, and have the evening to do what I wanted or needed to do.  I haven’t been able to make that work.

So I am adjusting.  I know that everyone gets excited when I run.  I get excited about running but it just isn’t working for me right now.  So I am trying new things.  I am shaking up my schedule because trying to get back to where I was isn’t working.  Now, I need to figure out how to make healthier choices with food again.  One step at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude