I Was Never Broken

For a long time I have referred to some of the struggles in my life as ‘brokenness’.  I don’t say this anymore.  I am not broken.  The bible says we are ‘fearfully and wonderfully made’ (Psalm 139:14).   Do this mean we won’t struggle?  No.  We will struggle.  What we do to cope with this struggle can be labeled as brokenness.

So I have been learning to reframe brokenness as ways of getting along that I perhaps no longer need.  Either I have new tools, or the assumptions about what I need are no longer valid.  My so-called brokenness is not brokenness at all.  It is strength.  It got me through a difficult time when I had no other tools available to me.  My previous self wasn’t broken.  She was courageous and strong.

If you stop looking at yourself from a framework of brokenness, it gives you power.  You suddenly realize that, with God beside you, you can handle way more than you think.  By not starting from a place of deficiency, you fight for yourself and what you know will work for you.


So I invite you to retell your narrative with me.  You are strong.  God loves you and has always believed in you.  I believe in you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

The Process of Blogging