Dreams Part Two

James asked me what I thought about my question of the place of dreams. I have to admit that my response a week or so ago would likely have been in the neighborhood of ‘life’s a bitch and then you die.’ And although I don’t want to seem fickle or flighty I have to say I feel better today.

I think that dreams are a fundamental part of the human experience. God has created us to dream and he would be cruel to allow us to dream without allowing us to realize any of those dreams. I know that I tend to focus on pain quite often but if I look for the truth I know that God has allowed me to realize some dreams. As I write this I think of the position I have at work right now. I applied for the same position when I first started at the company I work for. So it took seven years. I even forgot that I ever wanted the job. Yet unexpectedly I am suddenly doing it.

I guess the struggle is that I need to know where my striving needs to end and I need to allow God to step in. One of my biggest dreams is to see God use me to do things I couldn’t do on my own. To be honest I haven’t seen that happen in a long time. Yet I have seen God use me in miraculous ways this week. It comes in the context of the tragedy that prompted the question of whether there is a point to dreaming. That probably makes it even more miraculous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude