In The Starting Gate... Having a Nap


I feel like I am stuck right now. I have spent the last two and a half months focusing on getting the house ready to sell, then packing, then unpacking and settling in. I always had that major ‘to-do’ on my list. Now, while I still have a few decorative things to take care of, all of that is behind me and I wonder what my next steps are. You know what’s funny? In the meantime I don’t want to do anything.

I am listening to the people outside clear the snow off their cars. I should probably do that. I started cleaning my apartment last weekend but didn’t quite finish. It’s not that dirty and I could clean it really quickly. I should probably do that too. Oh I need a few groceries…

I have spent so long being overwhelmed that now I don’t know what to do with myself. I have dreams. I want to walk alongside people who are hurting. I want to show others how to share their faith. I want to spend more time writing and posting to this blog. My heart aches to have more to life than just going to work and coming home. My problem is where do I start?

Comments

Stephanie said…
Wow - your post describes very much how I am feeling at the moment... Different circumstances, but similar concern about being kind of stuck. "One step at a time" is a good proverb: The question is, which way to step? What exactly does it look like?

I want to encourage you... I have taken some little steps lately, and it is surprising how far those little steps can bring you. Maybe you could write a letter to someone (one way to walk along side a hurting person). Or write an outline of your dreams and goals and slowly start filling in specifics as to how to get there. Or... I don't know. Those are just some things that I have done to take some little steps.

God bless you!
Anonymous said…
I love your title. Symbolizes so much of life! Thanks for the honest post. I often wonder what it is that spurs us into action and wrestle with the reality that sometimes life catches up with us and all the stress and worry paralizes us. I think I've been there far too many times to remember. I don't think your stuck, I think your soul catches up with life and you can finally breathe. Hope all is well.

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude