Believe

I used to be really annoyed with people who would tell me to stand on God’s promise.  And if someone said that to me directly I would probably still be annoyed.  However I find myself in a place where that is what I am doing.  I am trusting that God wants to and will bring me to new levels of physical health and emotional healing.  I know I am trusting because I am living my life as if I know He will.

Six months ago I entered a conference that changed my life.  Really I entered a room with God where he transformed me.  I shared my heart with Him and he showed me how he saw me….  as a beautiful woman who somehow mustered up the courage to dance before Him at the last night of the conference.

Every once in a while I would hear a voice that would tell me this wouldn’t last.  Upon reflection the past few weeks I realized that I have had the longest sustained period of happiness that I have ever had.  I can’t say every moment was perfect or that even every month was great.  I can say that overall I look back and see that I have had a relatively positive six months.  I am excited about what God is doing in my life.

Sometimes I still hear that voice that says this won’t last.  But then I realize that I have learned to get back up when I fall.  Today I am understanding that this is because I refuse to give up my belief that God has good things in store for me.  So yes there is some difficulty ahead at some point.  But the belief is what will help me stand up.  Standing on God’s promise is not a matter of somehow tricking myself.  It is seeing the Truth in every circumstance.

Comments

mom_of_4 said…
amen and hallelujah!
Anonymous said…
It will last. It may fumble for a second, but it will last because you deserve to be happy. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude