Hitting a Wall


Last week I announced to all of my Facebook friends that I was planning to run a 5K (3 mile) race in May. Everyone was so excited and cheered me on, just as they have cheered on all of my fitness goals so far.


Friday was the first day that I actually did a combination of walking and running the entire 3.11 miles. I was also supposed to be moving up to running two minutes at a time. I had a lot of difficulty with that. I thought it would get better on Sunday but it was actually worse. I just couldn’t keep running the two minutes.


Since half way through January I have been working out five times a week (instead of the four times I was doing in the fall.) I have to admit between working out that often and adding the additional run/walk time three times a week I am tired most of the time. My muscles are often sore. I have started to feel down.


Yesterday I began to regret telling people about the run. If I hadn’t I could just quit. Yet that is the reason I told people. I needed other people to know so that I had the support. I realized today that this is the hard part. I have to push through this. So I am asking God to help me push through the wall. I am asking you to join me in that prayer if you are so inclined…

Comments

mom_of_4 said…
I love how the fight has risen up in you to do this thing! I'll join you in prayer ☺
Kyla said…
It's all mental Misty...you can do it...you just have to go in with the mindset that you can do it. You can think "I hate this" the whole time, but you c an still do it
Anonymous said…
So how is the training going now?

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude