Thursday, August 12, 2010

Owning Who I Am

Since I have started changing my eating habits and exercising I have lost about 20lbs and three or four dress sizes.  My old clothes simply don’t fit anymore.  They either look really bad or won’t even stay up.  I broke down a bit ago and started replacing them.

I had pictured making do until I reached my final weight loss goal.  Yet I find that is taking too long and I can’t put it off.  So next week while I am on vacation I am going to replace most of my clothes.  I will also get rid of my old ones (that aren’t actually all that old.)

I think there is some wisdom in it beyond wanting new clothes (which is really enough to be honest.)  I need to own this new person I have become.  My body is different now.  I look different.  I need to pass on my old clothes because they no longer represent who I am.

2 comments:

mom_of_4 said...

I like it! There is something very healthy in treating your body with respect by clothing it with care. I'm looking forward to seeing the new wardrobe :o)

Kyla said...

Way to go Misty!
And by getting rid of your old clothes you are reinforcing that you won't go back to the old way of living