Winter Moon

winter moon2I was driving to a friend’s house today and I noticed a full moon lighting the sky.  A recent series of snowfalls has blanketed the ground with white.  There is beauty in this season.  The bare trees now take on a new dimension with the snow sticking to the trunks and perching on branches.  It is not summer for certain.  But somehow this newness of fresh white snow covering the earth seems to bring hope.  The moon lighting the sky on top of a white horizon is a majestic sight.

I think I am feeling better.  I have a plan to get back on track.  Tomorrow I start working out again.  My fridge is stocked with healthy food and a meal plan has been prepared.  And this period of darkness has been different.  I have found myself reaching out sooner and hiding less.  I have felt held by my community.  I am grateful for that.

I can’t say that I am feeling on top of the world.  I guess the best way to describe it is to liken it to the new presence of winter.  There is beauty surrounding me.  There is a newness and a freshness that is different from spring but is just as necessary.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, Misty. I was blog walking and found your thoughtful site. Long story short, I've been in dark times, and I want to let you know if you haven't tried them already, that anti-depressant drugs are nothing to be afraid of. God doesn't think you're weak or are not trusting in him if you use them. He wouldn't judge a diabetic for using insulin, would he? If I'm off-base, I apologize. I just wanted to chime in, but have not read your story.

I suggest Cymbalta, as it affects two neurotransmitters, serotonin and norepinephrine. Best, best wishes for a blessed Advent and joyous Yuletide.

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude