Vacation

11 22 03_0172I returned from vacation last Thursday.  I was somewhat rested I guess but I found myself feeling stressed.  I have to say I haven’t been on track with workouts or food for the past couple of weeks.  I didn’t even count the number of healthy meals.  At times like this it is easy to get down on yourself and I did.  I had a difficult weekend.

I do know that I see progress in myself.  I asked for help and prayer from some friends.  I know I wouldn’t have done that before.  I would have just allowed myself to sink deeper into the hole I was digging for myself.  Sometimes I am tempted to believe that God won’t forgive me for my latest failure…  that I have exceeded the boundaries one too many times.  It is friends we need to remind us that is not the truth.  They love us unconditionally, hug us when we feel un-hug-able.

Yesterday I started my new running clinic.  I am taking the same program over again because I don’t feel ready to progress to the next one.  As soon as I arrived I knew I had made the right choice.  I have prepared some healthy food for this week.  I am slowly getting back on track.  I am working on being kind to myself… 

Comments

mom_of_4 said…
Isn't it incredible that God will forgive us "seventy times seven" too? I'm still just learning that one. ((Hugs))

I love how you keep on trying. It inspires me to keep trying to conquer my difficult things too.

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude