Content


I think that God has been teaching me about being content. For the last little while I have felt a somewhat stuck. I don’t know if you understand what I mean. It’s not like anything is wrong. Nothing is particularly right either. Not much is happening. My faith life isn’t moving forward. My fear is that unless things are moving forward I am moving back.

I met with a friend and we talked about this feeling. Maybe it is just okay to wait for God to lead me. I can work to make sure that I am open to God’s leading. Other than that perhaps it is okay to be in the same spot for a while if that happens to be where God wants me to be.

I prayed that evening and I believe that God told me that being content is not the same thing as being complacent. I got the sense that God was trying to teach me about being content. Perhaps I need to learn to wait for Him. I need to learn to be in the same spot for a while. Today I came across this verse:

Each time he said, “My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ’s good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NLT)

If Paul, the writer of Corinthians, can be content in the pain and suffering of his life than perhaps I can be comfortable with mine. I by no means can compare my life to that of Paul’s. However I can say that I do understand a little bit about pain. If Paul can be content in his weaknesses perhaps I can too. Maybe God is asking me to wait because I have a tendency to push forward without Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Gratitude

Enough of Too Much