Anxious 2

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? (Luke 12:25, TNIV)

Sometimes I wonder if my faith is too shallow and in many ways I am certain it is. I have noticed that when things start to go wrong I start to doubt within my core being that God will intervene in my struggle or trial. Oddly enough this seems to happen when the small stuff starts to get to me.

Even within my doubt I know somewhere that God is there. Yet I still find myself anxious, stressed and overwhelmed. No matter how often I proclaim God’s goodness or remember His faithfulness there are times when the worry doesn’t pass.

So I search for ways to make myself feel better and I feel certain guilt. The Bible tells us not to fear doesn’t it? So where does that leave those who are afraid? Are we outside of God’s will? Have I sinned? How do I stop sinning?

No wonder the anxiety gets worse. If I believe that letting the things of the world get to me is putting me out of God’s protection then I am going to put as much effort as I can into not letting it get to me. Yet it just gets worse. I cry out to God to help me but I still believe the lie that I have to get rid of the stress on my own.

I felt God calling me to the park today. So I drove to a nice park, sat on a bench with my Bible and my journal, and let God lead me. On some level I knew I was looking for the verse above. The Scripture from Luke is often referenced for those seeking answers on what to do with anxiety. The passage by itself leaves me feeling helpless and alone. Yet when I read the verses surrounding it I realized it is wrapped with encouragement.

Consider the ravens. They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable are you than the birds! (Luke 12:24, TNIV)

Thank you Jesus for meeting me where I am at today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude