Be Still


So as I mentioned in my last post I have started to read the Bible every day. My routine is to read first thing when I get up. Before I went back to work I had a nice routine of getting up, making tea, then sitting down to read the Bible. Of course I was pretty well rested by that time too. Now I am getting up really early so I can be into work early. AND I am making sure the read the Bible.

The thing is that I find the quality of this time is much diminished from when I was reading when I had the luxury of not reading at 6am. Now I read much in a fog and I was starting to doubt if there was a point. Yet this morning God shone through again. I was reading the story of Moses when I came to this verse:

“The Lord will fight for you. You need only be still.” Exodus 14:14, NIV

I have been moving forward by changing residences and by waiting for God’s direction in ministry. That has been very difficult and I went through a tough time. Last night I met with a friend who offered me an opportunity to be part of a ministry that I think will be fulfilling and brings me nearer to who Jesus wants me to be. I am excited about finally moving forward. You see God asked Moses and the Israelites to move in big ways. But He also asked them to be still. I could see that in my own life.

In November I sensed God telling me to just wait – that He had something for me. But I was restless to the point of wondering if there was anything left for me to hope for. I gave up to a certain extent. And God has rescued me. I have many reflections on what I have learned... about how I got to where I did. But I am also excited to move forward.

Comments

Admin said…
Boy, that sounds familiar. Why is there so much waiting around?

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude