The Unexpected

IMG_1606

This week I have been thinking about how God is always teaching us.  I never expected that my goal to run a 5k in under 40 minutes would bring me to such a place where I had to explore some of my deepest wounds.  I started sharing goals on Facebook last year which was a huge step.  I even talked about hitting a wall in my blog.  That said I have stayed away from really sharing about the struggle.

These few weeks I have found God calling me to move past that.  When I have shared that I am struggling people have been profoundly supportive.  I am bolstered by their support.  And I am happy to report that for the past two weeks at my running class I have someone to run with.

Sometimes I have felt like these goals are self-indulgent.  Now I know that I have been really living.  And God has been using these times to help me face my insecurities about not been able to keep up with the group to teach me about asking for and accepting help.  He has also taught me that people are willing to help.  There are runners that used to struggle as I do.  They tell me that once I get to about 7 minutes it gets easier.  They tell me how they had bad weeks and the next week got better. 

I also had two victories at work this week.  I think that God is showing me that the issues of the past are over and I need to look to the future.  I am nervous about the next three weeks (particularly the two weeks after this one.).  They will be very busy.  I am struggling to figure out how to fit everything in.  I have decided that it is important to keep up my three runs a week but that I may not get a forth workout in.  I am cooking as much as I can next weekend so that I will have healthy meals ready.  I am working to plan some outings with friends so that I can at least have some fun. 

So it is the last Sunday of the month.  Here are the stats:

Healthy meals: 78% (not too shabby)

Number of workouts: 20 (4/4 100% of weeks)

Friends: 9 outings (it helps when it’s your birthday)

Photography afternoons: 0 (it’s cold)

Blog posts: this is post # 5 of the year.  Considering I had 16 total last year, that’s pretty awesome.

I have decided to stop counting prayer statistics but I can say that I talked to God everyday.  I know this is something I need to work on.  I have also noticed that my other goals force me to talk to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Gratitude

Enough of Too Much