This Week

I realized a couple of weeks ago that I was regretting entering The Biggest Loser contest at work.  At first I thought this would just help me focus on my goal.  I have found that it is counter-productive for me.  I am focusing on a number on the scale…  a goal I never set.  I know that if I strive for eating healthy and exercising I will lose weight.  It just won’t be on a timeline.  Today I am starting to understand that I need to ignore the contest or it will drive me crazy.

I have had some aches and pains that are on the edge of injury.  I am committed to continue to run.  I did a strength training workout this week as well.  I chose not to do a second strength training because I was already in pain on Thursday and I was afraid I would injure myself.  I think it was the right choice.

Yesterday I did run six  minutes walk one minute.  I have never done that before.  I think six minutes is the longest I have run and that was with an equal walking interval.  It was really hard and by the end I am sure I would have walked faster.  But I kept going.  Next week is eight minutes.  I am both terrified and excited about the prospect.

This morning my pastor made me think about how far I have come in the past few years.  I have had victory over things I never thought I would and that has allowed me to even consider tackling my health.  I am so glad I am not in that place anymore.  Sometimes remembering where we have been gives us the courage to move forward.

Comments

Admin said…
What you need to post for those out of towners is the weather and snow conditions you ran in. That takes bravery. My daughter & husband just returned from Winnipeg and said the snow is piled high and it was around minus 30. What is the lowest temperature you will run in? I used to not take the dog out if it was lower than minus 25.
Kyla said…
6 minutes is a big deal. Is this a program with the running room?
Increasing by 2 minutes is big too...good luck. You can do it...you just have to think you can and have it set in your mind before you start that you will do it
Misty said…
Rosalie - yes that is a good point. Last week wasn't as bad because the sidewalks aren't as icey. Cold doesn't stop me from running outside. My coldest so far is about -35C (I have really good gear.) It is active weather that would be more of an issue. So far I have been lucky that I have been able to run outside every time I needed to.

Kyla - yep it's The Running Room. I am hoping the two minute increase will be partitially offset by the fact I only have to do it twice:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Jillian Michaels - Maximize Your Life

Enough of Too Much

Gratitude